How InfiSecure Solves the Bot Detection Problem for Online BusinessesAlmost all online businesses have been affected by bots since their inception, in both good and bad ways. The entire search engine industry runs on bots. However, there have been "evil bots" as well in existence since a long time. Lately, these bots have been used to automate and commit online fraud on an industrial scale. Online bots and scrapers have been a pain for online businesses like travel, classifieds, e-commerce, dating and content focussed websites since a decade now. Yet, there are only a few companies that have bot prevention strategy in place.
The Impact of Bad Bots on Web BusinessesMuch of a site’s bot traffic can be considered non-critical traffic. This bot burden has two main impacts on a business website:
- Web scrapers attempt to steal digital content, inventory, pricing, user details and other proprietary information. Bad bots also may be used to serve form or comment spam on a customer’s site or scout sites for personally identifiable information.
- IT Infrastructure load
- The additional traffic from unwanted bots places an undue burden on IT infrastructure. Bad bots slow down site performance and cause origin sources to compete and become starved from serving legitimate users.
InfiSecure - Bot Detection PlatformInfiSecure is designed to allow online businesses adopt a new, more comprehensive strategy when dealing with bots. InfiSecure gives fine-grained control over bot traffic, letting customers understand the nature of the traffic and taking whatever action they deem appropriate such as blocking, monitoring, slowing it down, fooling it or letting it through.
How InfiSecure Blocks Bad Bots in Real-TimeThere are certain behaviour patterns in the way bots interact with websites that distinguish bots from humans. InfiSecure protects online business from bot fraud by providing a robust web security platform with business value adding features.
- Real-time detection of bots
- InfiSecure rests on a robust algorithm to provide a comprehensive set of real-time bot detection methods. InfiSecure empowers companies to automate the function to detect and block malicious user requests and allow the same as soon as its behaviour turns good, requiring no manual interference. InfiSecure’s Fraud Intelligence Database Team continuously refines and updates real-time detection techniques as the bot landscape evolves, offloading this effort for the internal IT organization. It further provides companies to put an extra layer of security control over vulnerable pages like customer sign-up and details pages, lead generation forms and login pages.
- Detailed analysis of bot traffic
- InfiSecure’s dashboard provides a high-level view of various characteristics of a website’s bot traffic, in a rich historical pattern. Moreover, InfiSecure provides in-depth behaviour analysis of every single bot to help their customers better determine the appropriate actions to be taken against them. This helps the customers build a better bot management strategy.
- Management of identified bot traffic
- InfiSecure allows a variety of bot management
techniques - slowing or delaying bot traffic, serving alternate
content or identifying bot traffic and blocking it. InfiSecure is
designed to provide customers with the ability to mitigate the
negative impacts of bad bots without compromising the business
benefits coming from good bots.
- Deny the traffic - This will give the bot operator a clear indication that such action is not allowed on the site and that they’ve been identified by some security service or device.
- Serve alternate content - The content served could vary from a generic "site unavailable" page to something that looks like a real response but only containing generic data. This strategy may slow down the bot operator and keep them in the dark as too why they cannot access to the data they want.
- On-going fraud intelligence optimization
- InfiSecure provides its customers with an ongoing protection against newer bot patterns, thereby securing them without adding load on current security or IT personnel.
Your bot management strategy would depend on the company and industry that you are in and the benefits can be realized only after you see how bots are behaving on your website. Bot management roadmap is imperative for both small and big online business. An early bot management process would lead to an effective bot protected business and faster growth of business.